About the Recipe
Edible, chewy spheres produced from tapioca — a starch extracted from the cassava root. Commonly referred to as boba or pearls. A must-have addition!
Tapioca Starch: 42.95%, Water 35.26%, Modified Starch (Hydroxypropyl Starch, Oxidized Starch, Distarch Phosphate, Acetylated Distarch Adipate, Starch Sodium Octenyl Succinate) 15.29%, Potato Starch 6.1%, Potassium, Sorbate (E202) 0.16%, Caramel Colours (E150D) 0.1% Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (E466) 0.06%, Benzoic Acid-S 0.04%, Flavour 0.03%, Antifoam (Silicon Resin, Polysorbate 65, Sorbitan Fatty Acid Ester, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Water.
1. Add 50g of Tapioca Pearls to 500ml of boiling water in a pot (1:10 ratio).
2. Stir occasionally. Cover the lid for 5 mins. Cook until pearls float to the top.
3. Remove from heat and cover for 15-20 mins.
4. Drain liquid and wash Tapioca Pearls using fresh, cold water twice.
5. Add brown sugar to sweeten (optional).